Monday, May 19, 2008

No Words...

Today  heard a song I hadn't heard for 20 years.

It's an old portuguese song that I used to listen to in the car with my dad when I was 5.
I had never heard it since then. Not once.

Today, 20 years later, i heard it again. 
I don't think there are words to qualify my feelings. 
Of course, I cried, cause it made me think of how happy I was back then while listening to this song, and singing along, with my dad.. and how sad the situation is now. 
It was like receiveing my whole childhood right in the face.

Roberto Carlos - A guerra dos meninos



I never forgot the melody of this song during 20 years. I have been looking for that song for years.... but couldn't find it anywhere, as I had no clue about the reference, all i knew was the melody. And i got so lucky, my friend Andrea, who will move to Brasil soon, is taking portuguese lessons. So i sang the melody recording myself, and sent her the audio file in a mail. The teacher listened to it, and sent me the reference. I received the link today. 
Life is so weird; I had to come all the way to Denmark, to ask a Czech friend to help me to find a portuguese song i listened to in France... welcome to my mess :)

Thank you Andrea :)

No comments: