Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fuck you and your blog !


Fuck you and your blog is simply a plain journal, to use instead of your blog,
it's private, personal, and as maybe more blogs should be, secret.

Dear readers, if there is any left...

you may have noticed that my blog is slowly falling asleep...

Here is how I have been feeling for a long long time :

- I don't want to reblog things i found somewhere else, and i'm sick of bloggers exclusively rebloging everybody else's content.
- I don't feel like showing what i wear, or would like to wear, 'cause in the end, nothing is original and spontanious anymore, and just like rebloging, people just end up "re-wearing" the same clothes all over the world.
- I don't feel like telling about my day, as my main concern is to be able to enjoy it, without sharing it.
Before it was "if you're online you're everywhere, if you off line you're nowhere".
But now it's "if you're online you're somebody, if you're off line you're nobody" and i deeply, deeply hate that.
- I wan't to keep things special and authentic, and by definition in the bloging world it's impossible.

Anyway, as you can see i am going through a real blog crisis !
So i have no idea what will become of Fifikoussout as a blog, but it might change radically !

What's your opinion about bloging ?

9 comments:

the notebook doodles said...

sighh.. your points were straight on. it's the truth about blogging and it's quite depressing.

i guess it comes down to whether or not you're happy with your blog. if it still makes you happy, do it. if not, then don't do it anymore.

:) best of luck, alice!

Anonymous said...

Je suis passée par la même crise pendant des mois... ;)
je reprends plaisir à partager tout ce que je veux garder en mémoire sur mon blog...
photos de voyages, trésors, jolies images et merveilleux liens....
(même si ce n'est pas toujours cohérent!)
la démarche d'un blog est avant tout personnelle, j'aime venir chez toi découvrir de nouvelles merveilles...
Courage Alice!
Hâte à nouveau de te lire, voir tes jolis dessins et tes belles photos!
Frenchy Mimis Chantilly*

camila said...

Oh, it's sad things are going this way but somehow, a good blog is made from a need of a person who wants to share to the world. If somebody does that just because want to be popular, it means nothing.
So, even being someone that never comment (but read here almost daily for more than a year), I think you should do what you feels like!

Anyway, you don't have to bother yourself about being autentic with your blog: just look all the amazing projects you've start and everybody admires it!

Well, a great mind work with or without a computer. So, it's only up to what makes you happy, as notebook doodles have said :)

Sarah said...

I struggle with this too. Creating original content takes a lot of time and effort. That means less updates and fewer readers. On the other hand I do think there are too many blogs that just reblog and repost information without any kind of cohesiveness.
All content, regardless of who owns it, is liable to be reblogged and spread around.

Create something that makes you happy. Even if it's been done before, do it in your own unique way.

Lisa Kjellerød said...

I love my blog, and photographing things makes me happy, but the minute it feels like a chore I wont do it anymore!

Ewa said...

I'm at the same point as you are about blogging. Take care Alice. You bacame my so called e-friend.

Anonymous said...

I hope you do whatever's best for you. But I would miss your darling drawings, a home for alice, beautiful picture and just the whole fifikoussout universe.

mybrouhaha said...

ça fait longtemps que je veux répondre à ce post, mais je n'avais pas encore pris le temps... je suis totalement d'accord avec toi, je suis un peu en crise en ce moment... l'impression de faire la même chose que beaucoup de filles, ce qui n'est pas ton cas par contre. L'impression de manquer d'encouragements, de commentaires, de faire ce blog en vain et d'être une aiguille dans une botte de foin. De manquer d'inspiration, de ne plus savoir quoi poster et finalement de penser à arrêter. Le problème c'est que si j'arrête, il me manquera quelque chose, j'aurais l'impression d'avoir abandonné en quelque sorte. Alors je continue et on verra bien...

my eye in lo-fi said...

I've been meaning to comment on this for a while now. I'm glad you haven't stopped blogging, because your posts are so lovely. I agree with the other commenters, keep on doing what you're doing.

I agree that sometimes a lot of blogs are simply re-posts of what other people have already posted, or a public diary entry about what that person did on that day, and how awesome they are, or just a post for the sake of increasing their numbers - this can get frustrating.

However, when people like you, who are so honest with their emotions, post real thoughts and feelings, I think it's refreshing. So thanks.